Whisper 500 Controller
The whisper controller is equipped with two switches and one MCB (miniature circuit breaker) that are used to set certain operating system parameters. The default switches setting from factory are suitable for majority of installations and should not be changed without consultation.
- Capacity : 3.2 KW 24V/48V or 120V/240V.
- Modular construction for easy installation/ dismantling. Suitable for standalone or multiple parallel module application to suit different power rating
- Built in Ammeter and voltmeter
- All status monitoring indicating LED and control switches are available on the front.
- LED: Battery OK(Green ) - Voltage between 42-62 V
- LED Battery High(RED) - Voltage above 63V DC
- LED : Auto mode (Green) -Charging on PWM mode
- LED : Manual Mode (RED) - Direct Charging bypassing PWM
- LED: Battery Low (RED) - Battery Low Voltage below 42 V
- LED : Over Load Trip (RED) -MCB trip due to over laod.
- LED : Brake ON (RED) - Auto or Manual brake applied
- All Control cards (2 nos) are plug in type and easily replaceable
- Safe operation upto Ambient temperature limit of 52 C
- Powder coated - corrosion proof sheet steel box.
- Built in battery reverse current blocking diode
- Battery short circuit protection by built in MCB
- PWM based overcharge protection/load diversion - in auto mode
- Higher voltage charging option for equalsition charge—in manual mode.
- Automatic braking mode at very high voltage / very high rotor speed
- Manual brake switch on from front panel.
- 3 connection for 3 phase WTC input and 2 output connections - for battery, 2 for dump load and 3 for energy meter are available on the front.
- Wall mounting or base mounting arrangements provided
New Design Coming Up
- Capacity 3.2 KW 24V/48V or 120V/240V for Whisper500 and 1KW for Whisper200.
- Modular construction for easy installation/dismantling. Suitable for standalone or multiple parallel module application to suit different power rating.
- Powder coated -corrosion proof sheet steel box.
- Built-in battery reverse current blocking diode.
- Battery short circuit protection built-in MCB.
- PWM based overcharge protection/load diversion (in Auto mode)
- Selector switch for automatic or manual operation
- Higher voltage charging option for equalizing charge (in manual mode)
- Automatic braking mode at battery overcharge/very high turbine speed.
- Manual brake switch on front panel.
- Status monitoring of battery low & battery high annunciation LCD display on front panel.
- Wall as base mountable arrangement.
- Status monitoring LCD type front display:-
(a) Wind turbine charging current.
(b) Wind turbine charging voltage.
(c) Wind turbine charging power in watts.
(d) Cumulative energy output in Kwh.
(e) Instantaneous/Monthly average wind speed in m/s. (Optional)
- Lighting surge protective devices.
- Front mounted input/output terminal for easy accessibility, faster replacement of module and less down time.
- Operating ambient upto 52°C.
The Whisper controller is equipped with latest PWM (Pulse width modulation) technology to slowly lower the charging energy applied to the batteries as the batteries get closer to fully charged. This topology allows the batteries to be more uniform charged with less stress on the battery, extending battery life. It also keeps the batteries in a fully charged state by adjusting pulse width (called float mode). It includes many important features and also overload/short circuit protection MCB (miniature circuit breaker).